Monitor help

Okay, so i was having a problem with my mac monitor
and a person suggested to use the Option CrtcNumber
"1".  Well, in deleted the email by accident and i
dont remember what section it goes under in my
XF86Config file.
Also, i brought my XF86COnfig-4 file back to its
supposedly original setup and normally it would boot
startx and the mac monitor wouldnt work.  Now i get an
error stating that no device is loaded and that no
screens are found:

(II) v4l driver for Video4Linux
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(EE) no devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jonathan

ps.  as a side note, when using startx does it check
ALL xconfig files and use the data in all of them,
because mine says that it attempted to load just from
XF86Config-4.  If that file is corrupt and i cannot
change it back, is there any way for me to tell startx
to read from another file?