questions about vga programming for multihead display

Hi,

I am trying to synchronize several graphics cards on the same machine.
I would like to be able to read the current status of each individual
graphics
card, whether they are currently in retrace or not, and also how to
read/write the registers on each graphics card that store hsync/vsync
values. There are literature on vga programming which does about the same
job except that they are on a single graphics card. For example, simply
reading the port 3dah tells whether the screen is being traced. However,
I guess this only works for one graphics card.

I guess for multihead display, one of the cards is still using the normal
vga ports: 03c0 - 03df.
Registers for other cards are rellocated somewhere else. Anyway to find
out?
I don't have much experience in this area. Your help is really
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jihong