Re: Accepting external USB-mouse without restart

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 04:35 am, NUKE THEM wrote:
> I'd like to be able to plug in my external USB-mouse and use it without
> restarting X. Is this possible?

Yes, I have it working on my system.  Besides the two InputDevice sections you
posted, you may need to change your ServerLayout section to something like
what's below.  The other key ingredient is to make sure that all the modules
needed for the usb mouse are loaded before X starts.  Otherwise, you may see
an error in the log when the server tries to open the device.  The list of
modules I use is below.

Best
L. Jensen

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Layout[0]"
        Screen          "Screen[0]"
        InputDevice     "GenericKeyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
        InputDevice     "SynapticsTouchPad" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice     "USBWheelMouse" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT=" usb-uhci input evdev mousedev hid "