Re: Xinerama -- mouse disappears on one screen.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> The subject really says it all -- under Debian unstable, when I'm in
> Xinerama mode, my mouse pointer comes up fine on my AGP nVidia screen,
> but not my PCI Matrox G400 screen.  I've swapped them between being
> primary and secondary, and it follows the card.  I'm attaching my
> XF86Config-4 and XFree86.0.log files.  Any assistance (suggestions,
> etc.) is, of course, greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

  You have two Matrox cards according to the log file.  Xinerama
seems to be configured properly (ie. not configured to prevent the
mouse from moving between monitors).  It sounds like a driver bug
with the hardware cursor.  To verify that you could disable the
hardware cursor on the offending head by adding:

   Option "SWCursor"

to its Section "Device".

			Mark.