Re: Video error on Nvidia

Sandy Fort wrote:
> Here is a copy of the error in the log file. I seem to have a lot of
> problems with this. My brother tried to update his Mandrake from 9.2 to
> 9.2.1 and had the same problem. Since I have no graphical user
> interface, what do I need to do to get X up and working correctly? I am
> having to use my wife's computer until I am able to fix mine. Reply to
> this e-mail address.

(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
(EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***

You are apparently using the nVidia binary drivers from nVidia, not the
open-source drivers from XFree86. It appears that you have not built or
installed the nVidia binary kernel module necessary for the kernel that you are
running. Instructions for how to do that are in the README with the nVidia
binary drivers.

If you do not need OpenGL acceleration, mostly needed for video games, you can
switch to the XFree86 open-source drivers that do not require special built
binary kernel modules every time you upgrade your kernel.