Re: Problem...

Try this:

# cat /proc/pci

Check the output, keeping an eye out for the lines that refer to VGA.

Is your card listed there?

If it isn't then the system is not detecting it.  You can try reseating it, or
toggling it on and off in the bios (reboot -- vga off -- reboot -- vga on).

Also, if it does show up, check the IRQ's, and see that it is not sharing an
IRQ with another device.

Is your system a dual boot?  Does it work under windows (or any other OS)?

Finally you can try booting to a Knoppix cd and see what that turns up.  If it
doesn't work then it is likely to be hardware related.

Chris