ATI Radeon 9200SE, DVI output, black screen every other restart

4.3.0 did not handle the DVI port on 9200 chips properly, this is fixed
in cvs.  Please update to the cvs version of xfree86 or try a xfree86
or DRI snapshot.

Alex

---------------------------------

Hello,

I have just hooked up my new Radeon 9200SE using the DVI output to an
NEC LCD 1880SX DVI input, and after putting the line

	Options "MonitorLayout" "TMDS, CRT"

into XF86Config, am getting consistent performance.  Unfortunately, it
is also very consistent that the signal is completely gone to the
monitor after every _second_ restart of X.

Example:

	Boot		-> no signal (solid black screen).
	CTRL-ALT-BS	-> login screen.
	Login, Logout	-> no signal.
	CTRL-ALT-BS	-> login screen.
	CTRL-ALT-BS	-> no signal.
	CTRL-ALT-BS	-> login screen.
	CTRL-ALT-BS	-> no signal.

	...forever

So, I am sure I have overlooked something very simple in my config that
is peculiar to using a single head on the DVI output.  If you can help,
I would be greatly appreciative.  I am using Fedora Core/1, XFree86
4.3.0.