Re: Problem with DGA, page flipping and invisible mouse cursor

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 23:45, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, James Gregory wrote:
>
> > I'm using SDL to write a program.
> >
> > If I use the standard X11 graphics driver all is fine.
> >
> > However, if I set SDL to use the DGA driver as opposed to the standard X
> > graphics driver, and in addition instruct SDL to use page flipping (as
> > opposed to simply blitting from an off screen surface to the video
> > memory each frame), the mouse cursor becomes invisible.
>
>    This is a feature.  There is deliberately no mouse pointer in
> DGA mode.  If the pointer shows up, it's a bug.

Ah...many thanks for the reply.

I've just tried a simpel solution tho this feature - manually blitting a
mouse cursor picture to the reported mouse position each frame. This
sort of works but the cursor is only travelling at half its non-DGA
speed - perhaps is it only updating on one of each pair of page flips?

What is the recommended way of dealing with mouse motion input in DGA
mode? Bear in mind I'm using it though the SDL(ayer).

Thanks,

	James