Re: startx questions

I have tried using another account to login but it doesn't work. Any clue?

Andy

Ph Legay wrote:

hksdu wrote:

Hi everyone:

I have a problem when I use startx to bring up kdm. I login as root, if I fire up startx, it loads something, and then shut down x server. If I just fire up kdm, it works fine. I tried to create two files: .xinitrc and .Xsession. I exec kdm in .xinitrc in my root home dir. It doesn't do the job either. I man startx and I found that the way that I am doing is the correct way but I don't know where the problem is, any clue?

Andy

Try as wnother user that root. X as root is not a good idea (sometime you have a warning message. Perhpas that your system stop kde if the user is root).

PHL