I deleted xfree86..

Let me first give the disclaimer that I am an idiot, or at least, I am a linux newbie..

About a year ago I was trying to install perlmagick to get imagemagick to work with movable type on my redhat 7.3 box which I have through rosehosting.com.

As part of that I mess I installed xfree86, but came the conclusion once everything was working that it was not necessary for me to have it in order for perlmagick to work correcly.

About 2 weeks ago I was informed I was using up more than my share of storage space and so I went through and removed everything I didn't need.  This included xfree86.  Instead of uninstalling it I just deleted everything that seemed to be associated with xfree86.

Now I find that perlmagick needs those library files to work correctly.  I am trying to reinstall xfree86 but as far as I can tell it is assuming it's just upgrading rather than installing completely fresh.  Is there a way to force complete reinstall?  Or is there a way for me to make it realize that I deleted everything (except a very important config file..)?

this is what I get when I try to install:

sh Xinstall.sh

                Welcome to the XFree86 4.2.1 installer

You are strongly advised to backup your existing XFree86 installation
before proceeding.  This includes the /usr/X11R6 and /etc/X11
directories.  The installation process will overwrite existing files
in those directories, and this may include some configuration files
that may have been customised.

If you are installing a version different from 4.2.1, you
may need an updated version of this installer script.

Do you wish to continue? (y/n) [n] y

Checking which OS you're running...
uname reports 'Linux' version '2.4.24-RHsmp122', architecture 'i686'.
Object format is 'ELF'.  libc version is '6.2.5' (6.2).

Bindist version is 4.2.1
Checking for required files ...

Installing the update binary distribution

== Extracting /temp/xfree86/Xupdate.tgz ==
== Extracting /temp/xfree86/Xdrivers.tgz ==
== Extracting /temp/xfree86/Xdocupd.tgz ==

Running ldconfig

Update installation complete.