Fonts and the em unit in recent distributions.

Testcase:
http://w1.970.telia.com/~u97007522/testcase/testcase.html

I do not think that free software benefits from this quite recent
change in font rendering. People say: -webpages does not look
good in free software. And then keeps on using wintendo and IE.

And for me as a web-developer, the em unit can't no longer be
trusted in the same way as before, you can't no longer expect text
to stay within a small box when fonts grow and the em unit does not.
These two has to follow each other, if not, there is no reason to it's
existence, and thus there are no way to set width's that follow
font-sizes in a way that can be trusted. Hwo knows, next step is
maybe twice as big fonts compared to the em unit.

Unfortunately i don't know who to blame, is it the people behind
Mozilla, or the Xfree people, or maybe distribution authors?
Well, please.. somebody fix it.

And sorry, i could not find any apropriate mail-adress to the
Mozilla project, maybe some of you can pass it on.