X -Extensions for displaying 24 bit RGB bitmap file 1280x960 size

Hello,

I am planning to write one X application, which will display the Live video image coming in 24 bit RGB format from one Digital board at 30 frames per second speed.

The coming image resolution is 640x480. But I have to zoom by factor 2 and then display. Along with this function, My regular Application based on Motif also running in my Desktop.

MY Desktop is RedHat 7.2 with Intel 845 based Graphics Chipset with CPU running at 1.8 GHz speed.

What are the X Extensions I can use for this application.

My CPU and memory usage should be minimal.

I am Planning to use the MIT-SHM Extension. Will it give my expected performance?.

Will the double Buffering have any impact on the Performance and Resource (CPU & Memory) usage?

How to fine tune the X parameters to get my required performance?.

With Regards,
L. Subbiah