Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 8:25 PM
Subject: (no subject)

Hello,
I recently installed Gentoo Linux on a Compaq Proliant 1850R.  I then installed XFree86 version 4.3.0.  When I start X then monitor flickers, goes blank then Xserver locks up and does not allow me to exit without turning off the computer.  I am using a cordless logitech keyboard with the receiver hooked to a 4 port Linksys KVM switch.  The monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 151v LCD.  The video hardware in the proliant is ATI Rage IIc(integrated)  with 1024 Mb of Ram.  I have worked with Xserver before and have not had any problem, but this is my first install on a Proliant.  Any suggestions?
Thanks
Marc