Re: (no subject)

   I've never seen such a problem with NVIDIA cards before.
It sounds like problems with the videoram memory refresh.
Perhaps it is caused by some power manangement, but it's nothing
I've seen.  You might try using a newer XFree86 version like
4.3, or better, one of the pre-4.4 release candidates as the
server you are using appears to be a modified Debian version.
Or perhaps, just turning off APM in your motherboard bios
would be sufficient, assuming your hunch is correct and it's
related to power management.

			Mark.