Re: Help! Foreign keyboard and AltGr key

Hans Dekker wrote:
Hi all,

Trying to figure out foreign keyboards in X-Window System leaves me still with the question:

How do I configure a Spanish keyboard well?

I tried several options in XF86Config but I don't get the key definitions well for usage with the AltGr key.

xmodmap -pk tells me there only the definition for a normal key press and the one with the shift key.

It occurs both in a X-window terminal from Xfree86 as well as in CDE windows on HP-UX.

I am using Xfree86-serv V 4.3.0-30 with WindowsXP on a HP-UX V11 system. It seems German and French keyboard users are configuring well, so what am I doing wrong?

Regards, H.

This is black magie ! On my mandrake Power PPC, I have also a lot of problem.

- Perhaps you can use xevt to get the keys events (This list gives me previous information with these traces).

- Find all you configuration files ! Of course there are the files described in the X Free Configuration Files (hidden or listed files), but I discover taht my version of mandrake add a xmodmap during the initialisation of the X Free server.

Good Luck
PHL