Re: Improvement

Pedro M. sez:
> For (transition) Windows users ( this is , the Windows user that are
> changing from Windows to Linux ), it´s difficult to see the XF86Config-4
> file ( because they are newbies and the root, mount, cp - write permission -
> problems).
>
> So, I suggest, when appear the XF86 trouble-announce screen, include an
> option ( that could be selected using the up/down arrow keys and enter ) :
> Copy the XF86Config-4 and var/log/XFree86.0.log  to a diskette .

It would probably be better to tell Red Hat (or your favorite linux
distributor) about this, if they have a feature-request page somewhere.
Because I don't think there's a reason to modify the actual X server to
do this; all you'd really have to do is check X's return value and if
it's a failure, start a program that does this.  So the linux
distribution would be responsible for setting up something like this.

Although, it would be nice to just write an XFree86-crash.HOWTO and have
the last thing the X server says in the event of a crash be:

   For help, try typing:  less $( locate XFree86-crash.HOWTO )

 - Ben