trident acceleration

Ive got a Trident CyberBlade XPAi1 on a Toshiba laptop. Running Fedora Core 1 and have installed XFree86 4.3.99.902 from CVS. Firstly, KUDOS! to Alan Hourihane for the xv fix. It still flakes out frequently, but is trapped in the window rather than crashing the machine. Infinitely livable.

My question is about acceleration; Although I have downloaded the latest CVS version, I still get "No DRI" errors with glxgears, etc. I get the usual "Loading extension XFree86-DRI" message in the logs, and no other errors. Alan Hourihane's drivers are compiled for another kernel version.

Is their anything i am missing about starting (experimental?) acceleration on this machine?

Is there any way to find out why dri/drm is not installed? I have had this problem on several machines where the logs say acceleration is installed, but running applications says differently.

Thank you for your help!
Trent