Windows cannot be maximised , Minimised , moved ,or resized .

I have successfully installed Xfree86 4.3.0 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 2.1 , Kernel 2.4.9-e.12 . When I start X server using startx command every thing is fine except the windows cannot be maximised , Minimised , or moved or resized . I  started kdesktop and in the preferences set the windows to have all buttons displayed . But the changes are not applied .

VERSION:

4.3.0

VIDEO DRIVER:

Savage

OPERATING SYSTEM:

[Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 Kernel 2.4.9-e.12]

VIDEO CARD:

    [Fill out each relevant entry.  If you don't know some of the details,
     just leave them blank.]

    MODEL:

    Chipset P4M266/A integrates S3 Savage4 graphics accelerator into single chip

    GRAPHICS CHIPSET:

    Chipset P4M266/A integrates S3 Savage4 graphics accelerator into single chip

    RAMDAC:

    [Usually only relevant for old cards]

    CLOCKCHIP:

    [Usually only relevant for old cards]

    VIDEO MEMORY:

    Maximum shared Memory size  32MB also set to 32 MB on my machine

    BUS TYPE:

REPORT:

    I have successfully installed Xfree86 4.3.0 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 2.1 , Kernel 2.4.9-e.12 . When I start X server using startx command every thing is fine except the windows cannot be maximised , Minimised , or moved or resized .The look and feel is not X-windows or Motif , I  started kdesktop and in the preferences (Look & FeeL) set the windows to have all buttons displayed . But the changes are not applied .
Please advise

Imran Rabbani