server error

I recently installed Mandrake Linux 9.2 onto my system (I am a completly new to Linux so try to bear with me) but after the installation, when it tried to load the graphical interface, it gave me a server error message and gave me this email address. It said to check the log: /var/log/XFree86.0.log, but I'm not familiar enough with the terminal to access it. I'm sorry if this problem is dumb or irrelevant, or I'm not giving you enough information, but if you have any idea how I can fix it, please email me back. I appreciate your time.