Re: Xwindows VIA driver problem

On 2004.01.06 15:42, Ben Phillips wrote:
Luc Verhaegen sez:
> You will find people submitting their binaries on
> http://forums.viaarena.com/categories.cfm?catid=28&forumid=1 But,
even
> though i think that the users of that forum are in good faith, this
is
> not affiliated to xfree86.org and therefor binaries should be
treated
> with the necessary caution.

Just out of curiosity, what would the necessary caution be in the case
of a linux binary? Besides just not using it?

There is only "not using it". I'm just trying to say that when it leaps out, empties the fridge and the drinkscabinet and starts singing questionable songs at the top of its voice at 4 in the morning, i nor xfree86 should be held accountable. I know that the license states no warranty and this and that... but extra caution is needed with binaries posted on a forum.

Luc Verhaegen.