Re: xfree86 alt. platform support

Matthieu Herrb wrote:

FBSD_AS1200 wrote (in a message from Friday 2)
> Does anyone know where I can find documentation on xfree86 support for > other hardware platforms. From what I understand xfree86 is based on pci > architectures similar to the i386 series. I am particularly interested > in the multi-pci bused alpha systems as xfree does not work on these > systems.

There is already support for multi-pci systems. See
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/Domain.note for the implementation
notes and how to extend this to support your system.

Thank you for the reference. I have read the note but still don't feel any closer to finding support for my system. The Domain.note appears to be geared toward sun linux systems. While the note did mention multi-domain alpha systems (I assume this is a ref to multi pci-host bridges) I am still not clear on how I should implement an XFree86 system on an AlphaServer 1200 under FreeBSD. I think I MUST be missing a point or two... Would it be possible to find further documentation on this issue so I can get up to speed on X development. From the post I have been reading on XFree86 and FreeBSD mailing list there are several people with multi-pci bus alpha systems that would like to assist in getting XFree up and running under a BSD variant. Thank you for your assistance!