Re: 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i1 (rev 5d)

Dear Alan/XFree,

I have the same problem with the last Xfree.
I have the feeling that the problem happens more and
more often with newer versions (before it was very
seldom). I had it again (this time pinkish screen),
this time I had just to restart X.
I also noticed that after the movie "messed up" the
graphic card, also the window of xawtv with a webcam
as
an input was greenish (if this can be of any help).

What should I do now?
Thanks

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 08:31:48PM +0100, en ne wrote:
> I still have problems with my cyberblade and
> greenish/reddish screens when
> -having splashing screens
> -playing avi files (mplayer/xine).
>
> Most of the times it works, then something happens
and
> you get a green screen when playing an avi.
Sometimes
> you are lucky and if you use different progs or try
> play other avi files the problem disappears. Other
> times there is no way of recovering and you have to
> poweroff (restart X never helps).
> In between you can play other things, say vcds.
>
> I tried to understand if there is a possible
> workaround, but no clue. Have experienced this with
> all the distros I tried (mdk/rh/fedora/suse).
>
> Any help?
> Should I give up hope or will this problem be fixed
in
> the future?? I have the feeling that this problem is
> bug of the later versions of X.

Try the latest XFree86 CVS and re-report if you have
furthur problems.

Alan.