Problem with Trident cyberbladeXPAi1 and XVideo

Hi,

I'm using Debian experimental packages for Xfree 4.3.0. I have also
tried the precompiled binaries from Alan Hourihane. The computer is a
laptop, it's a cyberbladeXPAi1 chipset, and the driver is the trident
one.

A few months ago, when playing videos with MPlayer and the xv plugin,
the computer would freeze when the window was moved, hidden, etc. Now it
works great with MPlayer. Thanks a lot!

But there are still some problems with Totem (sort of a Gnome interface
to Xine). When the program ends, something goes wrong. Starting from the
first row of the old XVideo display, the screen will become white. Only
the top of the screen is still usable. After a split second, the screen
may recover and all is well.

However, the display will often become entirely white rather than
recovering. The computer still works, I can blindly use it (or control
it remotely). But the graphic chipset seems to be in a "dead" state. I
can switch forth and back between console and X (the resolution goes
from text mode to graphical mode) but nothing appears on the screen: the
display is gray in text mode and white in graphical mode. Even if I
restart the X server, nothing changes at all. I need to power off the
computer to recover the display.

So it seems something goes seriously wrong when Totem frees XVideo
resources. However it seems related to the trident driver since I tried
Totem on two other computers (radeon and nv chipsets) and it works just
fine. It doesn't seem to be a hardware problem since MPlayer works.

There is also another problem. It happens with both MPlayer and Totem.
The left column and the bottom row of the XVideo display are strange:
the pixels are just turquoise. But it's not a problem as annoying as the
previous one.

Regards,

Guillaume

PS: please CC as I'm not subscribed to this list.