Re: XShmSegmentInfo issues

>    I think you've misinterpreted this.  Aside from corruption of
> the ximage data structure, the only time BadValue is returned
> is if your source rectangle passed to XShmPutImage lies outside
> of the XImage (or if you pass junk for the send_event).  Check
> your dimensions passed to XShmPutImage.

that's odd then - if a rearrange my code so i call create 1 then write 1 then create 2 then
write 2 it works perfectly.

if i call create 1 create 2 write 1 write 2 it fails with the X error i mentioned.

(where 'create' does all the shm stuff and creation of the ximage and 'write' does the
'XShmPutImage'

so i don't need to save/restone any of the XShmSegmentInfo then ?

>    Segments don't disappear until after they are removed and the last
> process attaching to them has detached.  Even if you remove it, it
> will not go away until after you detach.  When your program quits
> or crashes, it detaches automatically.  However, it does not get
> removed automatically, so if the app quits or crashes before removing
> the segment, the segment will get leaked.  That's why it's common
> practice to attach and then remove a segment.

thanks for that clarification - excellent.