Re: XKeeps Crashing!,

On Thursday 04 December 2003 08:59 pm, Shantanu Gupta stepped up to the
podium, took a deep breath and intoned:
> Sir,
> In the past one week, I had to install RH9 third consecutive time today
> because some failure in X server. I am attaching the log file, please
> reply back with possible cause of the problem.
> Thanking You, I remain
> Yours Sincerely,
> Shantanu

Your problem seems to be that it's not finding a font, as suggested at the end
of the log, repeated here:

----
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
----

I don't know why this is beyond the fonts not being installed and haven't
heard of similar instances.  If the fonts are not installed, a good question
might be how are you installing your distribution?  If it's by the retail
CDs, then it sounds like RH9's installation is messing up, which seems
strange.  If you can get RH9 installed and running without X, you might want
to see if you can find the rpm containing the necessary fonts and install it
from the command line.

Panther