Re: [Dri-devel] MergedFB question.

the 2048 limitation of the scissor registers can be worked around.
check the dri-devel archives for messages with "2048" in the subject.
basically what we need to do is look at the cliprects in the client
driver and everytime they are a multiple of 2048 divide into a zone.
then when you are rendering iterate over those zones.  I've looked into
it, but I haven't had the time dig into the DRI driver enough to fully
understand how the current code works and then how best to implement
this on top of it.  Someday...  Anyone can submit a patch if they get
to it first :)

Also you can run an desktop of 2560x1024 with the option "no2048limit"
(I should just remove that option and just start the xserver with DRI
anyway...) and 3D will work fine up to 2048.  if you extend beyond
2048, then window just goes blank.

Also you can specify metamodes and switch the resolution of both crtcs
on the fly.  also if you specify clone modes in your metamodes, you can
run your desktop at 2560x1024 and then when you start a game it will
select one of the clone modes using the vidmode extension and then your
game will run fine in 1024x768 or 1280x1024 on both heads.  really the
only time you will have a problem is if you try and run a 3D window
that is larger than 2048; anything smaller works fine.

Alex