Re: Screen fickers at Savage driver while on Vesa it is OK - HELP ME!!

Edward Wagner Jr. wrote:
I have a simliar problem with a syncmaster 763mb and X where I get flickering from other electrical interference. It almost seems that the frequency isn't set correctly. My XF86Config file has a range which is correct for the monitor. How does Xfree86 determine the needed freqency and how do you determine the actual frequency that it is currenly on. The monitor is brand new and the electrical supply is filtered by a ups. Can seem to figure out what it could be or anyone to assist me.

Number of line * number of points/line * Refresh rate = Bdandwidth.

There is a protocol between the computer and the terminal that allows X to know the caracteristics of the screen. But, I do not know this protocol and the contents of the informations.

Ed Wagner

Marcin Okraszewski <okrasz@xxxxx> wrote:

    I have installed Gentoo on my Medion MAM2020 notebook. It uses S3
    Savage
    chip. When I set driver to "savage" the screen fickers (yes, LCD screen
    fickers!), while changing it to "vesa" makes it OK.

Here is XF86Config extract:

    Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "lcd"
    HorizSync 31.5-48.5