Re: I need help setting up my video card

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Andrew Lester wrote:

>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:38:49 -0600
>From: Andrew Lester <ScrnNm12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: XFree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: I need help setting up my video card
>
>Hi, I am using Red Hat Linux 9 with Xfree86 4.3 and I have a VisionTek
>Xtasy 9200 SE 128mb PCI  video card, and there are no VisionTek video
>cards, and VisionTek dosn't make drivers for linux. So I am forced to
>use my crappy Intel 845 video card, and I can't play  UT2003 with it. so
>If you could point me to drivers to it or put them in the upcoming
>release of Xfree86 I would greatly appreciate it.

Radeon PCI hardware is supported only experimentally with 3D in
XFree86 4.3.0.  It works for some people and not at all for
others.  It isn't clear what the problems are, and nobody is
working on it currently, however volunteers are always welcome to
try to pinpoint the problems on their systems.  You need to
enable ForcePCIMode for it to work at all.

Be sure you are running the latest updates that have just been
made available via up2date or ftp also.

--
Mike A. Harris