Re: Xfree compilation failure

Tyler Parrott wrote (in a message from Monday 24)
 > Hey all,
 >
 > I'm currently trying to install X on my Gentoo system but I'm running into
 > a problem. I'm using emerge to compile Xfree.
 >
 > There error I get is:
 >
 > final link failed: no space left on device

Hmm, it looks like one of your disks is full.

 > [Xvfb] Error 1
 >
 > function src_install. line 600, exitcode 2
 >
 > I'm installing on a 12 GB partition, and a df -k reveals a 21% full disk.
 > I'm not sure whether or not this is a common issue?

Depending on the platform ld may use temp file in various
directories. Make sure /tmp, /var/tmp, ~/tmp or whatever your TMPDIR
variable points to have enough room too.

Maybe your disk is running out of i-nodes, instead of out of data
blocks (check with df -i).

					Matthieu