(no subject)

Hi all,

I have a problem I'd like to ask your opinion about.

I've been putting together a diskless X terminal and since I
had a lot of monitors lying around I put in 3 identical video
adapters ( S3 - Trio64 - PCI - 1 MB ) so I could make it a
triple-head xinerama terminal :))

Using XFree86-4.3.0 and the vesa driver, "X -configure" was
able to flawlessly detect all cards; when starting the server
there are no error messages and X runs correctly (I can connect
to it etc.), only, the video adapters are not initialized correctly.

What is weird is that whenever the int10 module is invoked to
bootstrap the second and third cards, my bios beeps (!?) 1 long +
3 short beeps which on Award Bios means a video error. X continues
starting up without errors, however. (By tailing XFree86.0.log I
could determine that the beeps came indeed when running the
int10 module.)

And when I only put 1 "Device" section in XF86Config (not physically
removing 2 of the 3 cards), everything works like a charm! Also when
using only the second or the third card.

System is GNU/Linux-2.4.20; I have no framebuffer kernel support so I
can't try with the "fbdev" driver :(
I tried the modules/libint10.a instead of modules/linux/libint10.a,
to no avail.

So I'm guessing a BIOS problem? I can't flash it however, it's an EPROM
(it's just an old i586 / 120 MHz)

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed, and THANKS a lot!
XFree86 RULES. Really, it does.

Regards,
  kenneth

P.S. I can always put relevant files on the web if necessary, just ask.