Mouse

Hello. I have 2 question.

1. I'm using Microsoft's Intellimouse optical USB, which have the same feature as the Microsoft's Explorer optical USB, but the side button doesn't go back neither forward in Linux. *Why is that?* It seem that the side button acts more of another function other than 'back' or 'forward'.

2. Toshiba Portege have a 'pointing device' that act similar to IBM's scrollpoint in that it's a stick that direct the cursor on screen. It also have 4 buttons as well. *Can it function with the Microsoft's Intellimouse simultaneously? *If not, how do I activate it so it can act simultaneously with the Microsoft's Intellimouse optical USB?

System spec = Toshiba Portege 7220 Cte, 600Mhz Intel Pentium 3. 326 meg of RAM, 8 mB of video RAM, 10 GB of HD.

OS = Red Hat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.

Thank you.