Re: [XFree86] 2 Radeon cards/dual head setup problems

Thanks,  I did just that and I am up and running just fine.  Thanks for
your help.

Tony.

-------
Jesús-Antonio Arroyo
Senior System Administrator
IDC
e: jarroyo@xxxxxxx

Alex Deucher <agd5f@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: xfree86-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/14/2003 10:27 AM
Please respond to
xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx

xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[XFree86] 2 Radeon cards/dual head setup problems

if you are still using 4.3.0 try a cvs snapshot.  there were some fixes
related to multiple cards a while back.  There is also a problem that
comes up sometimes where multiple cards won't post properly (related to
the ROM as I recall).  I'm not sure if this is causing your problem or
not.  Also, FWIW, the chip in your laptop/docking station can drive two
monitors (LCD plus external vga port).

Alex

-----------------------

Hello,

I am having a hard time setting up my second card on my box. I am
running
XF86 v. 4.3.0

My hardware:

card 1
------------------------
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility
M7
LW [Radeon Mobility 7500] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 012a
        Flags: bus master, VGA palette snoop, stepping, 66Mhz, medium
devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
        Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [disabled]
[size=128M]
        I/O ports at c000 [disabled] [size=256]
        Memory at fcff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled]
[size=64K]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [58] AGP version 2.0

card 2
------------------------
03:02.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV200 QW
[Radeon
7500] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 013b
        Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
        Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        I/O ports at fc00 [size=256]
        Memory at faff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]

OS:
RH 9 kernel 2.4.20-20.9

I have a dell laptop with a docking station.  I added the second card
the docking station.  I originally had another vid. card in there, but
the
resolution was 1024x768.  My primary display was 1280x1024 and moving
between two looked like crap, so I upgraded the card in the docking
station.  Setting it up in the first place was very straight forward,
but
this second time around I am having a hard time.  I figured it would be
simple since they are using the same driver, but somehow I believe that
is
my problem.  Anyway, I have tried all sorts of options in the device
sections, but nothing works.  I can only use one card at a time.
Meaning
that if I disable either of the screens the other works just fine, but
cannot get them to work together.  Here is my config file and the log
file
to follow in a second email (using webmail):