[XFree86] Trident Blade anomaly on Redhat 9 (shrike)

XFree86 --

This could fundamentally be a Red Hat issue, but maybe I can recover
with a word of advice from you.

I have a video card I got over a year ago and for which I've lost the
docs.  When installing RedHat 9, it is probed as a Trident Blade, and
the graphical install works fine.

When I boot the installed system, X fails to come up.  The message has
something to do with "no screens found."  I would email you the entire
file, but I don't currently have my email config set up on the new
system.  If necessary, I'll sneakernet it, but I'm wondering if this
is a strange problem or one that you've seen a million times.

RedHat may even have fixed it -- this is a relatively old version of
RedHat 9 -- the CD's were burned circa May 2003.  But if possible I
don't want to burn a new set (the PITA factor).

If you can't help me, or need more info in order to do so, please tell
me.

Thanks.

-jmc