[XFree86] KeySyms 5 to 8, multiple character sequences

Hi,

The XFree86 is 4.2.0 on a Linux/i386 machine ...

The first question is the following : (as far as I know) a key may
generate up to eight KeySyms ... the first four elements of the list are
split into two groups of KeySyms and are accessible as : "Key" /
Shift-"Key" / Mode_switch-"Key" / Shift-Mode_switch-"Key" ...
How can I access KeySyms 5 to 8 ?
(I can easily assign them using "xmodmap", but I have found no
key-combination which would allow me to access them later ...)

The second question is the following : the LANG and XLOCALEDIR decide
which multiple character sequences are working ... they are defined in the
appropriate "Compose" file ... and are accessible with help of the so
called Multi_key ...
How can I add/define my own "multiple character sequences" (merging and/or
replacing the original ones) ?
Note here that I do NOT want to modify the original "Compose" file ...
I would like to use some king of a utility, similar to "xmodmap" for
KeySyms, which would modify the existing list of sequences ...
(The Multi_key itself is defined with use of the "xmodmap, of course ...)

Sorry if these are stupid questions ...
but I could not find any solution myself ...
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Jacek.