Re: [XFree86] X running Blank screen

GEORGIA STENDER wrote:
Hello All,
I posted this earlier but I didn't know the server could handle attachments so I didn't send anything. I'm attaching my log and config file this time. Again the situation is I'm trying to run XFree86 4.3.0 from my Redhat 9 install on a Compaq Presario. System has a SavagePro graphics card which is probed correctly. Everything I can find looks like it should run but all I get is a blank screen. I switch to console mode to look around and find X running, no errors in log. Something else I didn't include last time is that a fried suggested I pull down KNOPPIX and try that. A default boot won't run but if I supply "fb1024x768" at the boot prompt it come up and runs fine. I have looked at the log and conf files from that (available if you want to see them but not included here because of size) but when I try to force my Redhat to use "fbdev" I get device not found errors even though /dev/fb0 does exist. I would really love to get this working without buying another graphics card. Can anyone suggest something to try or at least make some comments about framebuffers that may get me pointed in the right direction. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Arnie Stender

For the begining update RH9 to the latest patch level.

Regards, Bob

--
 Bob Marcan                     mailto:bob.marcan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Aster^H^H...HermesPlus^H^H^H...S&T