[XFree86] X running Blank screen

Hi All,
I've read the web page about posting to this list but I didn't see anything about format. I'm going out on a limb and "assume"ing that in order to be of any help you would have to see my config and log files but I doubt attachments get posted. I'm also assuming you don't want to see gobs of junk in the posts.

My problem is that I'm trying to get XFree86 4.3.0 up on my Redhat 9 on a Compaq Presario S4000J. Everything "runs" but I get a blank screen for my efforts. Go to console mode and find no errors in the log and an X process runnig. I've very quickly run through my limited knowledge of XFree86 and don't have any hair left to pull out. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Arnie