Re: [XFree86] BadAccess errors using XShmPutImage

   It's likely that you're not handling the padding correctly.
Is (ximage->bytes_per_line == windowWidth * windowDepthBytes) ?

   In general, I like to create the XImage first and then allocate
the data later.  That saves you from having to do the work of
finding out what the padding is supposed to be.  That is, pass
NULL for the data field in XShmCreateImage.  Then shmget with
(ximage->height * ximage->bytes_per_line), then fill in
ximage->data with the value returned by shmat.  Eg:

ximage = XShmCreateImage(..., &shminfo);
shminfo.shmid = shmget (.., ximage->height * ximage->bytes_per_line, ...);
shminfo.shmaddr = ximage->data = shmat(shminfo.shmid, 0, 0);
shminfo.readOnly = False;
XShmAttach (display, &shminfo);

   So the pitch you should use is ximage->bytes_per_line.  You
can get that independently by looking up pixmap formats, but it's
easier to just have XShmCreateImage fill it in for you.

			Mark.