Re: [XFree86] Help me

Quoth Andrej:

> I have COMPAQ Presario 915US Laptop and I have some difficulties with
> installation X window system. I m new to this OS. Please help me with
> your experience. My video card is ATI U1/A3 Accelerated Graphics ,
> display is Mobility U1 and my Sound card is SoundMAX Integrated Digital
> Audio. Which installation parameters do I choose for this configuration.

You haven't given us much to go on.  Which distro are you installing? If
you're new to linux, most people elect to try redhat.  Are you using the
latest redhat version (I think it's 9.1 or something like that)?  Are you
using the latest XFree86 (4.3.0)? You need to be more specific about your
hardware and ask specific questions (specific as in, solving specific
problems, but also XFree86 specific).

cheers
chris
|  TELESCOPE, n.                                                        |
|  A device having a relation to the eye similar to that of the         |
|  telephone to the ear, enabling distant objects to plague us with a   |
|  multitude of needless details. Luckily it is unprovided with a bell  |
|  summoning us to the sacrifice.                                       |
|                 -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"           |