Re: [XFree86] Re: DRI weirdnesses for RADEON 9200

Le 31.10.2003 02:07:33, Ian Romanick a écrit :
manu wrote:

Le 30.10.2003 17:07:54, manu a écrit :

So I ran glxinfo see below which told me that Direct Rendering is not enabled! This is crazy as you can check in the XFree log (file attached).
Hope someone can tell me more about this, be it to file this directly as a bug on bugzilla ;-)
Thanks

Responding to myself : sorry it seems that the problem is because the r200_dri.so module is linked against libexpat.so.1 which is not on my system. So I just made a link to the one I had and all is working great now!
glxgears gives me ~1535 FPS. Is it OK? (Radeon 9200 with 64MB).
Thanks for the help, and sorry for eating the bandwidth ;-)

Ah! Actually, thank you very much. :) The problem seems to be that with libexpat.so missing, there are unresolved symbols in r200_dri. so. The dlopen of r200_dri.so in OpenDriver (lib/GL/dri/dri_glx.c, line 184) fails. HOWEVER, it only logs a message if LIBGL_DEBUG is set. I removed libexpat from my system and was able to recreate the crash. With LIBGL_DEBUG set I get a nice message about not being able to open the driver.

My person opinion is that the error messages in OpenDriver (but not the ones in GetDriverName) should be printed regardless of the setting of LIBGL_DEBUG. That would have helped find the source of this problem much sooner. We basically got lucky that Manu figured out that libexpat was missing for himself. :)

Thanks ;-)
Actually it was not missing but I only had libexpat.so.0, and it asked for libexpat.so.1. So I guess the snapshots are built on a box which has a new libexpat, which is not dsitributed with distributions.
Bye
Manu