[XFree86] Logitech Optical Wheel Mice: Incompatibility with IMPS/2 Protocol

I have tried for days now, and there is only one solution:
The IMPS/2 protocol doesn't support the Logitech's Resolution Feature.
According to Logitech Specifications, their more modern optical wheel
mice have an optical resolution of 800dpi. However, using XFree with
the IMPS/2 mouse driver, I only get a much lower resolution,
my measure suggests its 400 dpi.

400 dpi isn't even remotely suitable for high resolution desktop
environments or competitive gaming, as you'll either have to use
acceleration, a feature that is loathed by almost all knowledgeable
mouse users, or you have to get along with a cursor that jumps over a
number of pixels, making accurate pointing impossible.

Can you look in the matter? I learned it is a similiar thing in
windowsXP, until you install Logitech's proprietary Mouseware, the
Mouse seem to be a lot more inaccurate and/or slower.

I really hope I'm wrong since then you'd simply show me what I did
wrong and tell me how to gett full resolution immediately.

Samuel Walliser