[XFree86] how to set refresh rete, HELP!

Operative System= Red H. Linux 9.0a
Kernel= 2.4.20-20.9
Nforce 2 Ultra Chipset (Gigab. "GA 7N400-L", bios version= "F5")
Video= Nvidia Geforce 4 ti 4600 128 mb
Monitor= LG F900P (Flatron)
Cpu= Athlon xp 2600+
Ram= 512 mb pc3200

XFree Version= 4.3.0 (Red H. Linux release: 4.3.0-2) 27 February 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6

How to set the refresh rate of my monitor?
I have to say that during the installation process, the operative system
doesn't recognise my monitor, so i have manually filled the right
Manufacturer's specifications, but it doesn't ask the refresh rate(s),
so i can change and set the screen resolutions but not the refresh rate
that is always at 60 mhz, indipendently from the resolution I set.
Then I used the grafical tool of Red H. to set-change the monitor's
settings, but, again, there's nowhere to fill the refresh rate.
So, how to do? I have read that I should edit and change
the XFree86Config file, but i didn't find, again, a field
where to insert refresh rate(s), or, well, I don't know
how to do, so that's why i ask help.
Thanks and sorry for my bad english, I am from Italy.