Re: [XFree86] Where's the cursor?

If the answer is "No it can't be done" then what about an Xcursor to XYZ format utility? If I have to I'll paste the icons back onto the dump.

Standard X cursors (like the ones in /usr/include/X11/bitmaps) are stored in .xbm format, which is already a standard format. The
alpha blended cursors supported by the render extension are in .png,
which is another standard format.

None of the xbm's in the bitmaps directory looks like the cursor on my screen.

The cursors that are being used on my install appear to come from /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/cursors (I have a RH9 install with KDE as the WM). All of the files in this directory are in X cursor format (they have an "Xcur" magic number). I can't seem to find the viewable/editable versions of these cursors on the net.

Is there a utility that will read the Xcur format and dump just the graphical portions to some viewable format?

I could then just paste the cursor image into the visuals I'm using for my documentation. You know what they say a picture is worth, right?