[XFree86] Xfree 4.3.0.1 on sparc-sun-solaris2.8

Hello all,

I'm trying to build and install a 'brand new' X server on my machine (Sun Ultra5 workstation). In fact, compilation is successful, but I cannot get my new server started. I always get the message that I cannot listen on certain sockets or that I cannot establish a connection to...

For info, I am just a normal user, so I have no root or superuser permissions.

I guess that on 'big system level' the problem is that there's another one running: the solaris X server (I don't know the version, but since it lacks many of the features of more modern servers, it must be pretty old).

Could someone provide me some info on how to build AND RUN the server completely private (currently installed as /dumpdisk/localdisk/xfree/v4.3.0). So I'd like to use :

/dumpdisk/localdisk/etc
/dumpdisk/localdisk/var
/dumpdisk/localdisk/tmp

Is it possible to build the XFree86 server (like on my i686-linux machine at home) instead of the Xsun one??

Kind regards,

Jan