RE: [XFree86] Re: Pseudocolor mode handling (further details)...

> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, MARTIN Patrice - GRE (
> PatMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ) wrote:
>
> >You're completely right! This is caused by the render module.
> >One solution is to use a nVidia card with the driver from
> nVidia. They have
> >an option in
> >their driver 'NoRenderExtension' which disables the render module and
> >gives
> >you your precious colors in pseudocolor mode back!
> >Another option is to rebuild the X server without render
> module. It is
> >doable (I tested it) but the nVidia solution is much more elegant.
>
> Use 4.3.0 which solves this problem without requiring any
> external drivers or modifications.
>

> --
> Mike A. Harris

Sorry, but this is not the case. The last X server that functions correctly
in pseudocolor mode is 4.2.
So the solution is using the nVidia driver or rebuilding the X server
yourself (or, of course, make your application turecolor).

Regards Harry