Re: [XFree86] All annoying error in I830WaitLpRing() in some details

Nicolas Joly writes:
 > * NoAccel			... ok
 > * Accel				... KO
 > * Accel + SWcursor + 4Mo	... KO
 > * Accel + NeedRingBufferLow	... KO
 >
 > For the "NoAccel" case, i successfully switched about 20 times to the
 > 4 text consoles and went back to X without any problem. But still no
 > luck with acceleration enabled.

'NeedRingBufferLow' is a variable in the source code, not an option.
Did you take this into account? The idea of this variable is to place
the ring buffer into the stolen (ie. permanently allocated) memory.
When VT switching the agp memory will get unmapped. Therefore other
physical pages may get mapped later. The LpRing doesn't seem to like
this.
Have you tried to do Accel+NeedRingBufferLow+SWcursor? This should
move all things that may cause problems out of the danger zone.
Also please disable DRI!

Egbert.