[XFree86] Hercules

first make sure your config file is set up correctly.

your device sections should look like this:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "radeon"
VendorName "Videocard vendor"
BoardName "ATI Radeon 7000"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
Screen 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard1"
Driver "radeon"
VendorName "Videocard vendor"
BoardName "ATI Radeon 7000"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
Screen 1
EndSection

Make sure you change the BusID to whatever your card is, and make sure
both devices have the same BusID.  some newer radeon cards have two
ids.  ignore the secondary one (usually the id that ends in 1).  also
remove any videoram lines from your config.

this is an example screenlayout:

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "DualHead"
Screen 0 "Screen0"
Screen 1 "Screen1" LeftOf "Screen0"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
Option "Xinerama" "On"
EndSection

You only need the xinerama option if you want to drag windwos between
heads (single logical screen).

Alex

Hi

I am trying to hook up a Hercules 3D Prophet 9000 PCI graphics card in
dual screen mode, but I cannot get the settings correct in my config
file. Can you help me out? I am running Red Hat 7.3 and XFree86 4.2.0
on
a PC.

Many thanks,  Hong