i855 problem - was Re: [XFree86] Configuring 4-heads with Radeon RV2P

I think this is a know problem with the i8xx driver.  I'm not sure what
the work around is, if there is one.

Alex

----------------------------

Hi Jason:

Ive read your post, and maybe you can help me whith something similar:

I have a laptop which has a screen plug (db15). If i turn on the
laptop,
the screen that works is its lcd pannel. If i turn it on whith an
external screen pluged into the db15, that screen works, but not the
lcd. Also, if im using the lcd, i cannot plug an external screen to the

db15 whithout rebooting.

When i run X, in the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file appears:
Display plane A is disabled
Display plane B is enabled

I think this is something related to that.

Do you know how can i switch from an external screen to the lcd, and
vice versa (whithout rebooting :D)
Also do you know if it is possible to use both at the same time? It
would be great for presentations, where the projector is plugged, but
you need to look the screen at the same time.

If you know any document where i can find some information, i would
appreciate it.

Thank you.

Fernando Alvarez-Uria
Madrid, Spain

p.s. My graphic card is an Intel i855GL, and im using i810 driver under

XFree86 4.3