Re: [XFree86] Radeon 8500 DVI + L70a

Adam Sears wrote:
Hi, I sent this earlier, but afaict it didn't go through.

I have a radeon 8500 connected to a Hyundai L70a through DVI in Redhat9, and have somehow managed to break X. I know for certain that I am unable to run 4.3.0,

Last I knew, drivers for 4.3.0 are now available.

so had been settling for something lower (4.2?). If you know how I can fix X, or a way to run 4.3, I would be very grateful. My error log is attached.

Also, as a very unrelated and much less important (though maybe more so for you guys...) note, I wanted to mention that whenever I switch to full screen hardware animation there is a horizontal glitch about an inch tall, running across the screen, like the picture was paint on a plate and someone had dragged a bunch of toothpicks across. Let me know if you need a better description, and I will respond when I can get back into X.

Handy hint. Please see that a log file is given the MIME type: "text/plain". The easiest way to to this is to change the extension from: "log" to "txt".

--
JRT