[XFree86] space in "family" field of font

Hi,
   I found that some html pages use fonts whose
'family' field has a hyphen in it. I downloaded and
installed the font files for viewing them. But the
hyphen(-) was converted to underscore(_) in the
fonts.dir file. So, I was unable to view the files.
But I was able to view the same pages after doing the
following :

1. Download abc.html
2. Replace all occurrences of <font color="some color"
face="this-font"> by <font color="some color"
face="this_font">
3. Open the modified file in browser

In order to install such fonts properly, I will have
to include the hyphen in the 'family' field of the
font in the fonts.dir file. Can someone tell me how to
do this ? Directly adding hyphen doesn't work since it
is equivalent to adding a new field to the font name.
I think I need some way of escaping the hyphen.

Regards,

-Rahul