Re: [XFree86] Setting up a Hercules 3D Prophet 7000 Dual-head]

Your log looks fine.  Direct rendering seems to be enabled.  Whether or
not DRI gets enabled shouldn't have anything to do with MergedFB.

try removing:
        Option      "AGPMode" "4"
and:
                Viewport  0 0

from your config.

What patch did you use? also, what version of xfree86 did you patch?
were their any rejects?

Also did you ever get non-mergedfb dualhead working with stock 4.3 or
CVS?  If that works then mergedfb should work.

Alex

-----------------------------------

Moving on... I install kernel 2.6-test5, which is supposed to have
better via-agp support.
Now when I start X the second monitor simply stays black. However --
it's power-led is lit, which means some information is moving from the
computer to the monitor (in console mode the second monitor's power-led

is off, as in stand-by mode).

Attached is my current XFree86 log. I manually made sure that the
radeon
module and the via_agp module are loaded.

Any thoughts?